LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Where can I find the introduction page/thread?

minestar77

Regular
Apr 23, 2021
Hello there!

I am new here, and I haven't found the introduction or introductory guide. Something like a page that welcomes new people and explains the things you have to know about the Server, the different realms and the server commands you can use. Do you have something like it?

I have found and read the rules, but I am yet confused where I can find any introductory information.

Thanks!

Mitchka

Store.ltt.gg
Mod
Mitchka
Mitchka
Dec 4, 2019
If you use /help within the server you get a menu of what you can do. It is not all inclusive, but will give you a lot of the information you need to get a good start. If you cannot find what you need then ask in chat the players can assist you. We have a pretty friendly and helpful community and there is always / helpop for a mod to see. Make sure to include information you are seeking or reporting.

minestar77

Regular
Apr 23, 2021
Thanks! I also have another question, since I've read something about it in the rules: Do you have a protection system like owned chunks? Where am I allowed to build, and where not? Is it different in the Survival and the Vanilla Survival realms? (I want to play in either the Survival or Vanilla Survival realm, I haven't decided yet)

Last edited:

Mitchka

Store.ltt.gg
Mod
Mitchka
Mitchka
Dec 4, 2019
We do have claims. You can check the /help menu on how they work and what you can do within them (giving trust to other players, subclaims, pvp, etc) Survival and vanilla are different. Survival has more plugins like mcmmo and chest chest shops where vanilla had far less to keep the experience more "vanilla".

minestar77

Regular
Apr 23, 2021
So, for everyone else who might be new and sees this: The /help command inside the game on the server, isn't just a list of commands like on most servers. It is almost a wiki. There are windows opening and you can click through them and read some articles about many things. So just jump onto the server, and it will be explained to you. Also there are many people who like to help you ;) I was welcomed very warmly by multiple players. Thanks to all for the welcome!

Reactions: Mitchka