LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

What awesome stuff do you plan on making when we get 1.16?

Parzival8910

Regular
Jul 2, 2020
I'm can't wait to play with the bees, all the water stuff, and villages. And netherite. It will be fun starting over again, and this time I'll be there from the beginning.

Mikerman

Mikerman
Mikerman
Gold
Apr 30, 2020
Germany
I can finally build more cool decorations. And The banners allow me to mark stuff on the map. That way i can explore the land all around me and mark other people on the map. And there are soo many new blocks. Thats soo much alsome stuff we can build now.

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
Since I have spent most of my time in Minecraft solely playing multiplayer servers, I have yet to touch 1.16... Excited to see the new nether stuff and learn all about it once we get it tho!

Reactions: Parzival8910

Mikerman

Mikerman
Mikerman
Gold
Apr 30, 2020
Germany
question
since this is real soon we will prob be updating to 1.16.1
however 1.16.2 is in snapshots
will be updating to that?
I dont think there will be major changes between the updates. Updating from 1.16.1 to 1.16.2 shouldnt be an issue. Or is it a big chage for the server?

BR88C

BR88C
BR88C
Pilot
Apr 30, 2020
I dont think there will be major changes between the updates. Updating from 1.16.1 to 1.16.2 shouldnt be an issue. Or is it a big chage for the server?
Plugin support is normally only affected by "major" version updates, like from 1.15 -> 1.16, as smaller updates like 1.15.1 -> 1.15.2 normally don't affect plugins, as it's normally bug fixes, tweaks, etc to the vanilla game, and the only thing you have to wait for support for is paper or spigot, which normally doesn't take that long on those smaller updates. There is the possibility some plugins that deal with mobs, such as clearlagg, could be affected by updating from 1.16.1 -> 1.16.2 as a new mob is being added in 1.16.2 (The Piglin Brute) but it most likely will not have any widespread affects on most plugins.