• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DyDestroyer1027

Regular
trainboyns2
trainboyns2
Feb 27, 2020
Could we please do something about unsolicited PVP. I recently got my entire diamond tool set, elytra, and enchanted armor by a player by the name of guerns. I was just walking through the nether when I was attacked. Judging by chat messages that can be seen below. It seems as though the mods are working on a solution however in the meantime, it is not hard to rollback items. Additionally, this isn't the first time he has done this, as he says "they were added to my vault" implying that he kills players for no reason routinely. Another player did the same thing at the end farm, and that was sorted (somewhat, the 40k in items lost by many who died to the void was never recovered. I think that we can do something about this, potentially punishing on a case by case basis, since this is somewhat rare. If the mods were not online, then the staff can check the extensive server and chat logs that should be kept. We could also edit the rule about griefing to this

Old: Griefing is defined as intentionally damaging the land or builds you have access to for the purpose of trolling. We also define griefing as unnecessarily destroying unprotected builds (ie. blowing up a house in the wild for no reason), and that they don't unnecessarily grief unprotected property (ie. blow a house up for no reason).

New: Griefing is defined as intentionally damaging the land or builds you have access to for the purpose of trolling. We also define griefing as unnecessarily destroying unprotected builds (ie. blowing up a house in the wild for no reason), and that they don't unnecessarily grief unprotected property (ie. blow a house up for no reason), and killing players for no reason at all.

Overall, in the 6.7k people that have ever entered the server (as of today), only 2 have done this. This works out to be 1/~3400 chance for a person like this. If we assume that the 3rd server video gets 2 million views and that 1% of people who see it join the mc server, we will have an additional ~6 people who act like this, tripling our current count. This will become a growing issue, as the server grows and needs to be fixed now.

Even if the rules don't get changed, I would still like my stuff back.

Note, please put other instances of killing below, as I was writing this, he killed another person.

2020-03-15_19.00.20.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kyawzaw

Jawa_Juice

Moderator-y Boi
Mod
Jawa_Juice
Jawa_Juice
Pilot
Dec 4, 2019
Eastern US
As I mentioned in my partially-cut-off message in your screenshot, this issue is one that we are well aware of and one that we are actively evaluating potential solutions for. While PVP definitely has its place on this realm, there's a fine line between friendly PVP and straight-up hostility. The last thing we want for our player base is a toxic environment, and we intend to do everything within our power to prevent that from defining the server (while still maintaining a reasonable balance).

As we are still in beta, we ask that you bear with us as we continue to evaluate and tweak whatever is necessary on our end to make sure that the server offers a pleasant, friendly atmosphere for everyone, while still maintaining a competitive aspect.

Thank you for your understanding, and looking forward to continuing to see you all serverside!
-Jawa

P.S. We appreciate all public feedback, but ask that in the future issues of this nature should be submitted through our ticket system as this ensures that the feedback is forwarded to the proper channels.

Last edited:

Jawa_Juice

Moderator-y Boi
Mod
Jawa_Juice
Jawa_Juice
Pilot
Dec 4, 2019
Eastern US
After an eternity’s worth of development and testing...
We are proud to announce that a PvP toggle has been implemented!
No more unsolicited yeeting. Heh.

See this post for more info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.