LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

The LTT Network Minecraft 1.16 Game Plan

Howdy.

Ever since our initial alpha launch, a concern echoed by many-a-player has been the server version: 1.12.2. While familiar, nostalgic and widely supported by the mod community, the absence of later-released features left some things to be desired as expressed by many of you... ...until now

After much discussion, speculation, anticipation and behind-the-scenes work, we are proud to finally announce our transition to Minecraft version 1.16 for many of our game servers!

To ensure a smooth rollout, we will be deploying the update realm-by-realm:

Vanilla Survival

unnamed (1).png

Release: Thursday, July 9th at 10:00 AM PDT

Catered to the Minecraft veteran, this realm will offer an authentic vanilla experience, free from "pesky" luxuries such as currency and teleportation - while still maintaining land-claiming and trading systems to prevent griefing.
Spawn is set aboard a mysterious dark boat, permanently anchored in a vast ocean with no land in sight. As travel by sea would quickly prove fruitless, there is a nether portal below deck.

*The 1.12.2 Hard Survival realm of yesteryear will remain accessible in spectator mode for a week, after which a world download will be provided here on the forum.

Survival

unknown (1) (1).png

Tentative Release: Saturday, July 11th at 12:00 PM PDT (this may change)

For your every day Minecrafter, the Survival realm features many creature comforts like an economy system, teleportation, and more! We may end up creating multiple synced Survival realms in the future to handle player load, but we will update you all if that is going to happen.

*The 1.12 survival realm will remain accessible in spectator mode for a week, after which a world download will be provided here on the forum.

Towny

While we do not have a date to announce just yet, we do intend to release a 1.16 Towny realm once its dependencies are updated. Gameplay enhancements, including recurring scheduled wartimes, are also in the works.

Creative / Parkour

The Creative and Parkour realms will remain on 1.12.2 for the time being, although 1.16 clients are supported. An announcement will be made if/when this changes.

Written By: Jawa_Juice
Edited By: Jakkuh​

That’s great
ive been trying to join your server but having difficulty with it
how do I do it
im using mcpe on ipad
this server is java so you not nativly join java servers on bedrock HOWEVER

The server is java edition only, so it cannot be played on an ipad.
This is false. there is something you can use to crossplay on to java. i forgot wat the name was called and a 1 minute google search didnt come up with it so maybe you just need to do some research

also this is for bedrock if you realy are using the old pocket eddition instead of bedrock there is no hope

This is false. there is something you can use to crossplay on to java. i forgot wat the name was called and a 1 minute google search didnt come up with it so maybe you just need to do some research

also this is for bedrock if you realy are using the old pocket eddition instead of bedrock there is no hope

For that to work, you need either a modded mc client on your device (no hope in that since its apple) or for there to be a server side plugin, as you need to authenticate with mojang's servers for the java edition, as well as some other stuff that has to do with how bedrock interprets packets and such diffrent than java, has diffrent nbt structures, etc.

• Angry
Reactions: berreka
For that to work, you need either a modded mc client on your device (no hope in that since its apple) or for there to be a server side plugin, as you need to authenticate with mojang's servers for the java edition, as well as some other stuff that has to do with how bedrock interprets packets and such diffrent than java, has diffrent nbt structures, etc.
thats what i said as well i too was a skeptic
altough your ipad argument is prob correct and it only works with win10 eddition

Reactions: BR88C

Reactions: Szik
Any chance mcmmo can be preserved for the reset/update? I think it would be a nice incentive for old players to return without having to grind all the way up again. (AKA I'm lazy)

Reactions: BR88C
Any chance mcmmo can be preserved for the reset/update? I think it would be a nice incentive for old players to return without having to grind all the way up again. (AKA I'm lazy)

I doubt that it will be carried over since McMMO changed a lot between 1.12.2 and 1.16.