Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Survival Claim Expiration Changes - May 1, 2020

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020
Hi guys,
Thought I'd share an update with y'all as there's been a fair bit of confusion surrounding the matter.
Going forward, all claims will automatically unclaim after 45 days of inactivity from their owner. As for current claims that are already over 45 days old, they will unclaim, but not all at once. I'd recommend checking on known abandoned claims often if you're interested in adopting them.
In addition, we have made the decision to stop informing users as to the current status of specific claims. This is to give everyone a fair shot at these claims once they expire.

Cheers!
-Jawa
Thanks for the update Jawa! One question to further clarify if I may: in Jake's op, he said if you have hit the max block claim limit of 20k, you are exempt from this rule. Does that still apply?

TTG3333

TTG3333
TTG3333
Void
Apr 18, 2020
Canada
Thanks for the update Jawa! One question to further clarify if I may: in Jake's op, he said if you have hit the max block claim limit of 20k, you are exempt from this rule. Does that still apply?
It most likely does, or else he would have mentionned it.

Phonetic

Regular
Feb 24, 2020
I would like it if there was some other way to determine who gets abandoned claims than just whoever checks most often. In game currency (auctions perhaps), ranks, a lottery are all possibilities.

Phonetic

Regular
Feb 24, 2020
I would like it if there was some other way to determine who gets abandoned claims than just whoever checks most often. In game currency (auctions perhaps), ranks, a lottery are all possibilities.
And instead of doing this for all claims, users can make requests, making a request could cost a certain amount of in game currency.

TTG3333

TTG3333
TTG3333
Void
Apr 18, 2020
Canada
And instead of doing this for all claims, users can make requests, making a request could cost a certain amount of in game currency.
But then that would enable very rich people to stalk pretty much all the claims on the server

Reactions: __paper

Neff

Regular
Feb 17, 2020
I would just like some more transparency about how and when these are being unclaimed. Being told to just keep tabs on claims that I think users have abandoned since day 1 is a waste of time and a source of confusion.

It's been 10 days since the change was announced, and a fair amount of claims that I'm certain I haven't seen the user on for months are still claimed.

Is this claim set to expire? Did the user log in 3 days ago for 2 seconds and log back off? How long can we expect it to take for these older claims to expire? Why isn't there more explanation here? We're a week away from hitting the 90-day mark from the server opening, surely we should expect all claims older than 45 days would have been expired by now?

Reactions: Athrur

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020
I would just like some more transparency about how and when these are being unclaimed. Being told to just keep tabs on claims that I think users have abandoned since day 1 is a waste of time and a source of confusion.

It's been 10 days since the change was announced, and a fair amount of claims that I'm certain I haven't seen the user on for months are still claimed.

Is this claim set to expire? Did the user log in 3 days ago for 2 seconds and log back off? How long can we expect it to take for these older claims to expire? Why isn't there more explanation here? We're a week away from hitting the 90-day mark from the server opening, surely we should expect all claims older than 45 days would have been expired by now?
Agreed. I love our overall player base and the mods but a little better way to track unused claims would be great. I've got one next to my base from like 2 days after I started that has a sign saying "sorry to juke your jolly land but McDonald's is a comin". Dude: either unclaim the land or put up your MacDonald's, I wants a McWhopper already! It just irks me every time I go out the front door and there, at spawn border with bases surrounding it, is a nice piece of land going to waste 😂

Just venting a bit, I can't complain overall since the change to 45 days was put in place.

Also, is it just me or has the visible mod presence on the server gone down lately?

Reactions: Athrur

If the claim means that much to you, keep tabs on it. It's the current system and the most fair way of doing it. That way you, I and anyone else all have equal opportunity.

Reactions: TTG3333