pew pew
Admin
Mod
jakkuh
jakkuh
Void
Dec 4, 2019
Hey all, just a quick update for you on the Survival realm:

After hearing lots of player feedback we've decided to adjust the automatic claim expiration time down to 45 days from the previous 90 days. This should hopefully free up inactive land a lot sooner. The change will apply after reboot tonight.

Please note, if you have reached the current max claim block limit of 20,000, your claims will gain an exemption from expiry.

Cheers!

Update: Just to clarify, claims are checked for expiry over time (1 per minute) so overdue claims will not all be unclaimed at once, it will happen over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020
I, and many others, greatly thank you for this!

Side question: you say if you have reached the max claim block limit of 20k, you gain exemption. Does that mean u have to have claimed all 20k blocks or just have reached the ability to claim 20k blocks?

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
Please clear up some confusion: Does this mean claims over 45 days will be gone after the next reboot that happens in about 15hrs ?
Or do we have to get a MOd to clear them for us on request?

If they are not all gone after the reboot, i would like to suggest to give all players /seen till the reboot after that.... the mods are gonna be spammed all day otherwise^^

Reactions: andreiztm

DyDestroyer1027

Regular
trainboyns2
trainboyns2
Feb 27, 2020
Please clear up some confusion: Does this mean claims over 45 days will be gone after the next reboot that happens in about 15hrs ?
Or do we have to get a MOd to clear them for us on request?

If they are not all gone after the reboot, i would like to suggest to give all players /seen till the reboot after that.... the mods are gonna be spammed all day otherwise^^
Could we get /seen in general

Reactions: de_suchtie_tv

VosRel

Regular
Apr 19, 2020
/seen would be nice to have ingame... would allow us to know if a certain claim would lapse anytime soon or if we need to try contact the person who’s it is.

I think the fairest thing to do is do this again next reset (but properly). If you're going to let mods yeet claims randomly over the next few hours that is going to cause more issues than it solves. A published time for everyone at restart is the best.

Reactions: Psyadsa

Jawa_Juice

Moderator-y Boi
Mod
Jawa_Juice
Jawa_Juice
Pilot
Dec 4, 2019
Eastern US
Hi guys,
Thought I'd share an update with y'all as there's been a fair bit of confusion surrounding the matter.
Going forward, all claims will automatically unclaim after 45 days of inactivity from their owner. As for current claims that are already over 45 days old, they will unclaim, but not all at once. I'd recommend checking on known abandoned claims often if you're interested in adopting them.
In addition, we have made the decision to stop informing users as to the current status of specific claims. This is to give everyone a fair shot at these claims once they expire.

Cheers!
-Jawa