Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Suggestion For Claimblocks

__paper

Regular
__paper
__paper
Mar 1, 2020
North Carolina, U.S.
This is the 1 thing in game that should be monetized. Default you get 1 claim and 500 blocks.
As a $3 donor you get a 2nd claim and 1000 more blocks
As a $6 donor you get a 3rd claim and 1500 more blocks
As a $9 donor you get a 4th claim and 2000 more blocks.
etc...Maybe you cap it at $27 with 10 claims and a total of 27500 claimblocks.
This makes it pay to win. How are you supposed to make farms if you only have one claim? It's technically possible*, but a pain in the ass to actually do. Raid farms need to be over a deep ocean, guardian farms need to be inside an ocean monument, wither skeleton farms need to be in the nether, xp farms need a spawner (unless they're endermen farms). That's not easy to consolidate into one claim. I'm not paying money for more claims.

Too much opportunity to go around the world locking out different chunks and using that as a form of griefing.
Hence why claim trolling is against the rules.

*Depends on what farms you're building. A raid farm and a guardian farm are almost impossible to put together because a raid farm needs spawnproofing in a massive area around it. I believe it's possible, but it would be very hard.

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
I also disagree with the idea of paying real money for claim blocks and/or voting for claim blocks.
Tangent - Overall, I think buying ranks should give you no tangible advantage over other players, and instead just give novelties like bold colors in chat and other particle effects. The ranks are there for people who like the server so much, that they want to help chip in to keep it running. I really don't like servers (or other games for that matter) that compel you to pay in order to catch up with the rest of the other players. I actually think this server handles donations pretty well.

Back to the subject of claim blocks, I think the hourly reward of claim blocks is good where it is at. I think one improvement would be to lower the price of claim blocks a little bit to make buying them slightly less than a terrible idea. Overall though, I have very little problems with the claim block system. However, as @Theultrasheeplord mentioned, I wish we had more claims or a better system that allowed me to make more geometrically complex claims.

Too much opportunity to go around the world locking out different chunks and using that as a form of griefing.
There is already a rule about claim trolling. This would not be an issue.

However, think about the true number of claims you need if you wanted to build multiple farms - especially as most are region-bound.

Base: 1 claim
Blaze farm: 1 claim
Wither Skel farm: 1 claim
Guardian farm: 1 claim
any other mob farm / pillager outpost / shop etc: 1 claim

you very quickly run out of claims if you want to build multiple farms. There are servers that make claimblocks far easier to get, gives you a lot more claims and have a lot more players and dont run into any issues. Somehow these "issues" could only possibly occur on ltt.

Reactions: __paper

_Charky

Regular
May 30, 2020
I don't think the idea of claim blocks for voting is inherently bad, but 50 per vote is far too many. More like... 1. one extra block per vote would make it worthwhile over time, but not allow anyone to acrue too many blocks too quickly.

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
There is already a rule about claim trolling. This would not be an issue.

However, think about the true number of claims you need if you wanted to build multiple farms - especially as most are region-bound.

Base: 1 claim
Blaze farm: 1 claim
Wither Skel farm: 1 claim
Guardian farm: 1 claim
any other mob farm / pillager outpost / shop etc: 1 claim

you very quickly run out of claims if you want to build multiple farms. There are servers that make claimblocks far easier to get, gives you a lot more claims and have a lot more players and dont run into any issues. Somehow these "issues" could only possibly occur on ltt.
I agree with this, even though I don’t think everyone is looking to build every possible region bound farm. I think the biggest issue is that having the ability to have more claims would be nice. While the process for gaining claim blocks is slow, I don’t think it is as big of an issue as the finite number of claims.

Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think so. This is from Mojang's EULA: You may "sell entitlements that affect gameplay provided that they do not adversely or negatively another player’s experience and provided they do not give a competitive gameplay advantage."
Selling claims to one player does not adversely affect another player's experience, and it certainly doesn't give any competitive advantage, since it's a non-competitive server environment. The only competition is the race to kill the dragon, and that is accomplished without any claims at all. You can always /wild and make a farm out in the sticks and generally no one will mess with it, even unclaimed. You don't need a claim to build or farm. I think this is easily defensible as a valid entitlement.
if i went on to a servers webstore and saw claimblocks for sale i would instatly say PTW and close it

claims do provide an advanatge and do effect others gameplay experience (The 1,12 smp server taught us that) and even if it some how was eula compliant it would be hated by the people
for an example everyone kept complaining in 1.12 that pilot granted you 5 homes instead of 3 and the mods always responded with "yes it is ptw but it is not perm do not buy pilot just for 5 homes as this perk will most likely be removed" or something similar (they ended up solving this by giving everyone 5 homes which i feel was the best solution)

__paper

Regular
__paper
__paper
Mar 1, 2020
North Carolina, U.S.
You may "sell entitlements that affect gameplay provided that they do not adversely or negatively another player’s experience and provided they do not give a competitive gameplay advantage."
Selling claims to one player does not adversely affect another player's experience, and it certainly doesn't give any competitive advantage, since it's a non-competitive server environment.
This server is extremely competitive. Look at Oasis and Alpha Group. Paying for more claims means you get, to put it bluntly, more places to put stuff. More places to put stuff means more places to put farms, so more stuff to sell. More stuff to sell = more money.

claim abuse
It's against the rules.

Instead of tearing apart my idea, which is literally just an idea,...you could offer an idea of your own. Or you could just read it and think about it.
The only complaint I have about claims right now is the fact that we only have five claims. I like everything else. I think the five-claim limit should increase with playtime, in a similar fashion to what you said for paying money.

TTG3333

TTG3333
TTG3333
Void
Apr 18, 2020
Canada
I think the five-claim limit should increase with playtime, in a similar fashion to what you said for paying money.
I agree, I think that we should start with less claims, per example 3, and gain a claim every 4k claim blocks, ending up with 8 claims at 20k.

Reactions: ___________