Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

reset

Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
i have heard rumours (some with good evidence backing them up) that the server will reset and this reset is hapening sooner then we think

NOTHING IS CONFIRMED YET THIS POST IS BASED OF RUMOURS AND OBSERVATIONS

i just wanted to comment on my ideas to help preserve the transition (again nothing confirmed this is still an if)

• the world download should be taken 24 hours before the reset, this is so people can enjoy and blow stuff up while still having their builds preserved
  • there should be a final grand event. maybe the server be put in hardcore mode and the world border should start to shrink (last man standing wins something idk) or maybe all rules and greif prevention be turned off for a purge style event. or maybe one big pvp arena
  • the ammount of notice we get on a reset should be carefully thought about, too little and people dont get to finish and closure, too much and the server has that awful in between period where people have done everything and are just standing around not doing anything cause nothing matters
  • the world download should include core protect and claim data
  • if the server resets this should a be a final reset into realsse with no more resets afterwards
in the event that my rumours are inncorect and the server is just updating here are some ideas

• diamonds should not be replaced by netherite in the admin shop, netherite should not be a currency rather a speacilty item for gear
  • the nether should be reset, this will make some people mad but it is the best option
  • the new nether should have claims
i aslo have a few ideas that we can still possibly do
for an example what if we did a soft reset where the map is wiped but we still keep or invens, echests hours and bals, basically all that is changed is the map
or the server updates with a major chunk purge that will reset everything except for chunks that meet these conditions
1. someone has built in
2. contains or has contained a claim
3. somene who has spent more then 2 minutes in that chunk in the passed 90 days

Parzival8910

Regular
Jul 2, 2020
I don't think the "soft reset" is a good idea. I think it ought to be a fresh world, for several reasons. For one, there are new structures and blocks (bee hives) that have been added to the game. Also, doing a soft reset would just be messy and require more work. And most of the map has been explored, I think it'd be better with a new map, regardless of version.

I like the ideas about "the final hours" though, that would be awesome. Better stock up on TNT heheh

Reactions: A4N0NYM0U52

berreka

Regular
Jun 13, 2020
I don't think that it's completely necessary to reset the world with every update, they could just expand it, 20k * 20k it's not so big. That way, everything above the old world limits would be new chunks.

I'm still new on the server and I don't have very much builded. Personally, I prefer a fresh start, but I could handle with the traveling, and it can be nice to have one true persistent server with the latest update.

__paper

Regular
__paper
__paper
Mar 1, 2020
North Carolina, U.S.
I remember that, on the alpha, we had a dynamap. It was removed for the beta because it could be exploited to find villages . What if we added the dynamap back in a week or two after release? It would give people time to explore the world before the dynamap ever happened. I think that everything would be explored and all villages would be raided in two weeks.

• Love

Langley_Man

/OP MOD
Mod
Langley_Man
Langley_Man
Dec 6, 2019
Reset? guess you people know more than us mods. We haven't heard anything in regards to a reset.

• Haha
Reactions: dkressjr

Langley_Man

/OP MOD
Mod
Langley_Man
Langley_Man
Dec 6, 2019
Can you point me directly to where this was said in his stream? As far as we're aware this was not said at all.

Saying the server will reset "in general" is a lot different than saying "yes there is a planned reset" for the server.

In general yes the server will reset, all servers reset at some point. Is one currently planned? No not to my knowledge.

Last edited:

_Charky

Regular
May 30, 2020
I imagine they've got mixed up with a "maybe we'll reset if we upgrade to 1.16" kinda thing

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
Sunday: No reset is planned! (to the mods knowledge)
Wednesday: Jake posts about an incoming reset on Thursday

Welp indeed.

I guess why plan ahead when you can just reset a realm on a whim...

mwick43

Wick_m
Wick_m
Obsidian
Apr 20, 2020
I don't think that it's completely necessary to reset the world with every update, they could just expand it, 20k * 20k it's not so big. That way, everything above the old world limits would be new chunks.

I'm still new on the server and I don't have very much builded. Personally, I prefer a fresh start, but I could handle with the traveling, and it can be nice to have one true persistent server with the latest update.
Its 40k by 40k btw