LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Progress on Towny 1.16

BR88C

BR88C
BR88C
Pilot
Apr 30, 2020
It's been a while since I was last on these forums, but it looks like not much has happened.
Over four months ago, the game plan for the LTT network upgrading it's realms to 1.16 was released. Almost all active players rejoiced, as the economy was starting to dry out, and there wasn't much left to do, especially on Towny, with it's playerbase slowly declining. No proper release date was stated for Towny's relaunch, but many players assumed news would come swift. A week went by, then another, then another. A month later, the server would frequently see 0 players in the Towny realm for hours on end, which hasn't been seen for months. Most players left, due to the lack of motivation to work on projects that could be erased the next week if Towny were to update. Only a small group of players, Szik of course, myself, Trajected, DamienVesper, and some others continued to log in. I however soon lost interest about 2 weeks before the freeze, which was done to prevent every other town from falling. It has been two months since said freeze. More than four since the 1.16 announcement. And still, we have received no news, no updates on what's happening, not even a world download. If Towny isn't coming, please tell us, as that seems as if that is the case. Maybe you guys are just waiting for Towny 0.97, or a different plugin to update, but at least let us know if it's still happening. This server is most certainly one of the best MC experiences I've ever had, and seeing it end like this, to put it short, is a shame. I just hope this isn't viewed as a whiny person asking when they get to have something they put no effort into, as I know how much of a pain Towny servers are to make, as I've made numerous. Transparency is all us old Towny players are asking for.

WonITKorea

WonITkorea
WonITkorea
Gold
Apr 27, 2020
Changwon, South Korea
Agree. I did got a great experience in here. What I(or we) want to know is what is happening to Towny development. Although I have no access to the LTT Minecraft server anymore, but This gameplay changed many things to me. Like new friends and more learnings from people who were here. And I want to share this cool experience to other people. Please let us know about this and I want to tell you guys that this will give a great time to players if this realm continues the development and reopens later.

Sincerely.

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
I have opened a support ticket asking for the world download (since we were told by mods repeatedly that they don't read the forum and we shouldn't ask for support here...)
...we will see, but I'm not gonna hold my breath :(

It's a pity that they disabled towny commands, so you cannot even visit (tp to) towns to see them in spectator mode.
I also learned a lot, Towny had a great community, and had some amazing builds... Such a shame.

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
I thought I would update you on the support ticket progress.

It's commendable how quick they respond to support tickets, and it was very polite... unfortunately the actions are less satisfying.

They apologized that "it has taken so long" but there is no world download, Jake is probably too busy.

I don't know... maybe my English is not good, but I thought the tense used here implies that something has been finished, there is a result, but I don't know what that is.
I would have used "it is taking so long" implying it is in progress and we are going to get a world download...
Maybe it's me, maybe it's just a tiny mistake ...or maybe it's their subconscious telling us that mods believe we will never going to get a world download, Towny is done for :(
Well since they closed my ticket as resolved, I'm not going to ask for clarification.

Maybe we will get lucky and get the word download as a Christmas present.
...but probably not this Christmas

Good luck to you all!