LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

No More Rewards for Voting?

Have you encountered the same problem as mine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i8forever

Regular
Jun 23, 2020
I noticed that I don't get any reward after I voted, nor that the counter saying that I have voted for x times goes up after I reentered /vote. Something must be broken. :(

Last edited:

Jawa_Juice

Moderator-y Boi
Mod
Jawa_Juice
Jawa_Juice
Pilot
Dec 4, 2019
Eastern US
We’re aware of the issue and are working on a solution. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Reactions: i8forever

Mitchka

Store.ltt.gg
Mod
Mitchka
Mitchka
Dec 4, 2019
This has been fixed.

xios42

Regular
Feb 16, 2020
Speaking of voting...
Has there been a forum post explaining what the voting thing is all about?
Is this to promote mc.ltt.gg to a 3rd party site or something? What if I don't want to promote it and would rather the community stay small? What value do we get?

Also, I'm very hesitant to click links from a URL shortener. I may trust ltt.gg, but don't know anything about 3rd party site to evaluate it.

Narcolepsi

Regular
May 7, 2020
Speaking of voting...
Has there been a forum post explaining what the voting thing is all about?
Is this to promote mc.ltt.gg to a 3rd party site or something? What if I don't want to promote it and would rather the community stay small? What value do we get?

Also, I'm very hesitant to click links from a URL shortener. I may trust ltt.gg, but don't know anything about 3rd party site to evaluate it.
They are just common site trackers. This is basically what they do. They allow servers to set up a voting for rewards system to make your server more visible. The links are 100% safe, even if you don't find value in up-voting. When you /vote, it gives a list of 5 links. These are the websites they will take you to, in order:
planetminecraft.com
minecraft-server-list.com
minecraft-mp.com
minecraftservers.org
minecraft-server.net

While I'm sure that voting is completely optional, and you don't need to feel pressured to go against your convictions, I would still urge you to reconsider. There is no risk right now of the community getting too big, or not staying small. What we are trying to do is fighting to keep the server from dying off completely. Any votes will help keep some modicum of life on the server.

xios42

Regular
Feb 16, 2020
Thank you for the replay. I don't think that the hourly notification to vote is very effective. If LMG really wanted to promote their MC server they just need mention it in the description of one of their videos every so often. When Linus mentioned the MC server a few months ago in one of his videos there was a huge spike in new players.
I looked though the list of Minecraft servers on planetminecraft.com and couldn't find mc.ltt.gg anywhere. Either it's buried by all the other MS servers or it fell off.
Does the voting actually have any actual affect on attracting new players? Should this be reevaluated?

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020
Thank you for the replay. I don't think that the hourly notification to vote is very effective. If LMG really wanted to promote their MC server they just need mention it in the description of one of their videos every so often. When Linus mentioned the MC server a few months ago in one of his videos there was a huge spike in new players.
I looked though the list of Minecraft servers on planetminecraft.com and couldn't find mc.ltt.gg anywhere. Either it's buried by all the other MS servers or it fell off.
Does the voting actually have any actual affect on attracting new players? Should this be reevaluated?
The idea is that the more positive votes the server gets, the higher it goes in the rankings on each site thus the more player visibility it gets. Unfortunately, while many people do vote (including myself), there just aren't enough raw people voting to make it rise.

I would enjoy some new players that stick around and commit to the game, tho.

Narcolepsi

Regular
May 7, 2020
I don't know what's wrong with Planet Minecraft. I couldn't get the list to load correctly. They were showing servers with 0 players on the front page. But I don't think anyone goes to PM for servers anyway. They are more for downloads like skins, maps, and structures. LTT is ranked #145 on minecraft-server-list, #261 on minecraft-mp, #185 on minecraftservers.org, and #69 on minecraft-server.net. I don't think any of this is good news. I'm sure you're right, that these lists are not driving traffic to the LTT server. You probably have to crack the top 50 on each site before you start to see traffic from the lists. and if you're that high, the server better be ready for hundreds of new players, which LTT really isn't ready for.

I agree, the best way to get word out would be to use the Youtube audience (11M subs!!). But I can also agree that the server is not ready for the spotlight yet. So for now I'm content to use daily voting for the personal rewards, to get $500 in game each day.

But it sounds like you're fishing for a better way to do things. If anyone cared what I think, I think if the vote lists don't work then we shouldn't make players go through the rigamarole. There should be a simpler task than having to get good at fire hydrant captchas. Maybe you go to a voting spot in your quadrant (N, S, E, or W) and click the post. You just get $500 right away once a day for voting for your compass point. You could even give a daily buff to the winning team. Maybe "Haste I" all day for the winner. But that would take some development, I'm sure. It's just a thought.

And in the meantime, the server itself needs to be brought up to speed with all the features that larger servers have, before we can push it to become one of the big players. For example, SkyBlock should have been ready months ago, instead of still being in "soonTM" timeline.

So yeah, they should just drop the voting charade and make the reward a daily gimme for players that bother to log in.

Langley_Man

/OP MOD
Mod
Langley_Man
Langley_Man
Dec 6, 2019
If this is an issue please submit a ticket. Posting here does nothing in regards to informing staff as to an issue.