LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Make RDM an Offence

Eli_____7877

Regular
Jan 28, 2020
teleporting someone to you then killing them without them agreeing on PVP is considered trapping and is already a rule violation.
subject should file a support ticket with screenshots and the other person will get dealt with by mods.

Gc0de

Regular
May 3, 2020
so, is it allowed for someone pvp toggleing someone and killing them just for there gear?

KFChicken

Regular
May 6, 2020
Hasn't personally happened to me, and I hope it doesn't. The friendliness of the server is what really draws me to it and to keep on playing. Sad to hear it hasn't been that way for all.

Neeve B

Regular
Jan 24, 2020
Ireland
Only other thing i can think of is having an alert or something in the player fetherboard saying PVP is enabled.. Can't really say you didn't know or forgot at that point
This seems like a good measure, definitely something that would help.
Would maybe a 10 second invisibility upon teleporting make sense too. It would prevent surprise attacks when someone TPs you to them

Reactions: KFChicken

KFChicken

Regular
May 6, 2020
This seems like a good measure, definitely something that would help.
Would maybe a 10 second invisibility upon teleporting make sense too. It would prevent surprise attacks when someone TPs you to them
What about invincibility for 10 seconds when teleporting? You can still be attacked when invisible, and you TP right next to the player so they'll have a decent idea where you are.

KFChicken

Regular
May 6, 2020
I 100% understand that PVP is aloud in the wild but I think its just kinda messed up that people will wait outside your town and wait for you to go into wild so they can kill you I just do not think that is right
Yes that is quite annoying and in my opinion, wrong, but if you want to avoid this then can't you just /wild? Chances are there won't be anyone nearby and that way someone waiting outside your town can't attack you. Sort of a preventative measure.

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
no its more like leaving your own country and then it being ok for someone to kill you
Do you ever leave your country?
Most countries don't allow people to be killed...
Tourism would not be an industry...

Also leaving your town is not the same as leaving your country.
I guess we would need to have nation plots to have countries... and then nations could decide if they want PvP to be enabled in wild areas inside their nation...
That would be probably the best solution (with maybe like $1/day/nation plot or so), but I'm not gonna hold my breath until it gets implemented...

PVP is allowed in the wild.
That's kind of my problem. I wish it wouldn't... but it's not my server.

So building a 1x1 pillar next to a town is not allowed but murdering its residents is... Maybe I am the only one who doesn't see how that makes sense...

So far we had a friendly community and most of us only PvPd with consent, and returned items... treating wild as de facto non PvP area.
Because you know, most of use like playing a building game (with eco) and not playing a horror game or emulate CS:GO in minecraft...
But maybe we don't want to play the same game and I can look for another server...

I guess we will see how the server will change if we have more and more people who will just kill others to steal their stuff...
I guess it will be good for my shop, cause there will be more demand to re-buy equipment, and I will make more money... but it won't be good for me. :(

Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Do you ever leave your country?
Most countries don't allow people to be killed...
Tourism would not be an industry...
thats because of diplomacy and the country you go to also dont like murder
just go to north Korea and insult kim in public
it is hard to leave a country as you are allways in claimed land (planes and boats are territory of where they are registered) you would have to swim into international waters on ur own private vessel or get to space/Antarctica
Also leaving your town is not the same as leaving your country.
I guess we would need to have nation plots to have countries... and then nations could decide if they want PvP to be enabled in wild areas inside their nation...
that sounds like a great idea you should suggest it

• Wow
Reactions: WonITKorea