LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Make RDM an Offence

Neeve B

Regular
Jan 24, 2020
Ireland
RDM and Suprise TP PVP
Lately, there has been a huge spike in toxicity and general chat arguments. Most of which stems from this new trend-TP unsuspecting players and killing them-or-Abusing accidental PVP perms to kill unwilling players.

Some competitive PVP players seem to be looking for a 1000 kill stats for their accounts. But to the large part of the Towny community who are looking just to chill and enjoy the game, this is extremely offputting. The Towny Community has gotten it's friendly reputation for a reason, and this influx of unwarranted PVP is putting that all on the line.
I won't point fingers or name names this time around but you know who you are. And if mods don't respond to this issue I hope you will yourselves.
On that point; my request is that we act in a new Anti-RDM rule into the realm. Have instances where the rule is broken be dealt with using swift bans.

Put an end to the bickering and drama we are seeing and bring back OUR TOWNY-one of fun and friendliness.

Thank You,

Yours Truly,
Here4Seconds

Lord_Doggo

Regular
Apr 27, 2020
Yes
please this is getting very annoying to deal with
It has rined the game for many people and caused so much un wanted drama so please enforce this
I also made a whole discord server on stopping it

Last edited:

Gc0de

Regular
May 3, 2020
I agree with this statement because i got PVP toggled on multiple times without warnings and people 3rd partying people PVPing and people saying "if you die im keeping your stuff" then they toggle PVP and try to kill people

lukeg

Regular
Jan 18, 2020
Yes, I am sick of being in the chat watching people begging for PVP. It brings the relaxing game mode of towny to a very stressful one of people just dyeing and loosing stuff and getting toxic about it.

Moofy01

Regular
May 31, 2020
I dont have an experience with getting RDMed on the server, and I hope to keep it that way. If this rule were to come into effect, I would be happy.

Reactions: Gc0de and Neeve B

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
Towny was very friendly from the start and I really like that, that's why I stayed.
It seemed to me that there is an unwritten rule about not PvPing each other. There were only duels with consent.
Even when a town fell and people were raiding it, no one fought each other or stole, everyone respected each other. You were able to put down shulkers without worry to grab stuff while other looters were running around (in wild technically).

This gentlemen's agreement is not backed up by rules (unfortunately IMHO), so players can take advantage by not following it and abuse the good will of other players.

The server will change drastically if the kind players who want peace and help others leave...

I don't want to be afraid to tp to someone if they asks to help with something...

Lord_Doggo

Regular
Apr 27, 2020
I have to watch the people in my town get killed and there is nothing I can do about it. Like one time I had mulitple residents getting Killed by Trajected (a player) only because they were going into the wild to get mats it is just messed up

Langley_Man

/OP MOD
Mod
Langley_Man
Langley_Man
Dec 6, 2019
The only comment I have on this issue is 'Turn off Pvp within the town" issue solved.

Neeve B

Regular
Jan 24, 2020
Ireland
The only comment I have on this issue is 'Turn off Pvp within the town" issue solved.
And if someone accidentally didn't realize it was on. It's okay for some player to come and kill all the unsuspecting residents. This isn't even a hypothetical-this is what we are dealing with

Langley_Man

/OP MOD
Mod
Langley_Man
Langley_Man
Dec 6, 2019
Only other thing i can think of is having an alert or something in the player fetherboard saying PVP is enabled.. Can't really say you didn't know or forgot at that point

Lord_Doggo

Regular
Apr 27, 2020
How about when someone is in the wild trying to get mats for example chopping down a tree or something. so someone can just come up behind u and kill you just like that? it just seems very messed up

Reactions: KFChicken

Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
How about when someone is in the wild trying to get mats for example chopping down a tree or something. so someone can just come up behind u and kill you just like that? it just seems very messed up
that isnt messed up
every thing has risk
by entering the wilderness you are in no mans land, there are no rules pvp is fair game
yeah pvping some random dude collecting mats is a dick move but it is fully fair game
compare it to irl
in your home and in a country your safe, there are laws against murder and people who enforce those laws (the police)
now hypothetically if you entered a zone where no nation is enforcing laws then there is nothing making murder illegal (although it would be a rude thing to do)

Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
I 100% understand that PVP is aloud in the wild but I think its just kinda messed up that people will wait outside your town and wait for you to go into wild so they can kill you I just do not think that is right
it is messed up
but totally legal in my opinion
also what is illegal is people nudging you outside of the town to kill
that is effectively kidnapping and should be made punishable