LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Item Frames with Expensive Items Disappearing

BR88C

BR88C
BR88C
Pilot
Apr 30, 2020
Over the past few days, I have been having problems with Item Frames with expensive items in my town shop and town hall disappearing. I was confused, as plot perms were off, so I created helpops and a mod has responded and restored the items 3 times now. Every time when I log off for the night, the next morning the item frames are gone. I was even more baffled when I confirmed that it wasn't my town staff, as I used /res to see that none of them were online during the time the items were stolen. Today, my dogs that were in my town hall had also moved to a 250ish block radius around my town. I thought this was localized to only me, but today I found that the diamond at /warp shop was missing, and under further investigation I found that the majority of town shops that had item frames with expensive items have been taken. I suspect this is a player, as item frames with less expensive items were not targeted. This certainly needs to be figured out, as there are so many expensive items or prized items that are now theoretically at risk of being stolen.

• Sad
Reactions: Szik and lukeg

lukeg

Regular
Jan 18, 2020
Yes I have also lost expensive items from my house including: A Protection X cookie that was given to me by an admin, a one of a kind haste potion and all the books I had on display in my town shop

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
Yeah, my shop is missing a lot of item frames and items.

Mitchka was kind enough to restore some of them, but mods cannot restore them completely, they are missing NBT data, and loose enchantments...
and it's a lot of work for the mods... and everyone to check what/if they lost item frames.

People who have been online when this happened have to be tracked down, and the thief has to be found and banned, but more importantly the bug has to be fixed.

Parzival8910

Regular
Jul 2, 2020
Sounds like this is happening to a lot of people. My group had some netherite disappear a couple weeks ago (before I was banned). Has the server been backdoored?