LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Increasing number of claims

nthnlws

Regular
Aug 2, 2020
I made a ticket for this, but I meant to make a forum post so that other people could comment.

Now that the server has a strong footing as far as farms (gp, wither skull, beacons etc), we are starting to make a lot more shops in the shopping district. But the problem is that each person only has 5 claims. That is 2 for the OW, 1 for the nether, and 2 for the end for me. It is just not enough to be able to claim everything we need. I am not asking for more claim blocks, just number of claims. I don't even see anything wrong with 10 for advanced players. Of course this should be something that scaled with the number of play hours, beginner players shouldn't just get 10 at the start.

ArousedAragorn

ArousedAragorn
ArousedAragorn
Void
Apr 21, 2020
A better solution might be to make claims dimension-specific. 4 for the overworld, 3 for the end and 3 for the nether or something like that.

Reactions: Artyom
Aug 18, 2020
In addition to increased number of claims. I think that we should really have unlimited (non capped) claim blocks. because right now it almost feels like you get punished for having a lot of hours on the server and reaching 30,000 claim blocks.

redstonegenious

redstonegenious
redstonegenious
Void
Nov 2, 2020
Another solution is to allow us to make more effiecent claims. When you have a large area, chances are you don't want to (or are unable to) fit everything into a perfect rectangle. a simple way would be to make multile claim squares able to connect and be seen as one claim. or you can use some block as a border block that you build around your area. Athough I think that is a bit hard for both the coders and the people who are gonna use it.

Reactions: Artyom