LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Increase the number of Claims from 5 to XX

Increase the Number of allowed Claims from 5 to ...?

• Total voters

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
I would love it if we could get the number of possible Claims increased from 5 to 10 or something.
To be clear: I am talking about the number of seperate Claims, not the number of Claim-Blocks you get!

My Reasons:
- Pistons only work inside Claims. you need to work inside a Claim to use them. If you dont have a Claim, you cant use a Piston. Not even in a temporary way.
- Farms that require a specific Biom or Location: Witch Hut, Ice Farm, Ocean Monument, Squid Farm, Flower Farm, Stray Farm, ..... to only name a few that come to my mind right now.
- Starter House and Main Base can require a seperate Claim. Not to mention later seperate Bases...
- A Base can easily be build in a way, that more seperate Claims make more sense then one big Claim. Not to mention that you need to have the Claim-Blocks to claim for example a somewhat big Island.
- Shops. Cant have a Shop without a Claim there.

There are a lot of things that require a Claim.
Please allow more Claims to make taht possible :)

snikay

Unknown
Mod
Snikay
Snikay
Pilot
Dec 5, 2019
Keep in mind that increasing this limit also exposes people to more claim locking options. As in people could just claim right beside your own claim and then newer log back on - this would disable u from expanding.

DyDestroyer1027

Regular
trainboyns2
trainboyns2
Feb 27, 2020
Keep in mind that increasing this limit also exposes people to more claim locking options. As in people could just claim right beside your own claim and then newer log back on - this would disable u from expanding.
I quote from another thread that you wrote
“Yes there is a system of clearing "Abandoned Claims". It happens when a player hasn't logged on for 90 days. As the server is quite new and actively changing - this number could change.

With that said - if you feel that a certain claim should be gone, but it isn't - contact a mod and we'll check it out.”

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020

This is probably why the limit is where it is. That being said, hours played = claim increases...within reason. Otherwise you'll get a group of guys with obscene hours owning half the map.

I see both sides. I have a somewhat humble claim for my main (and starter at this point) base but because of people around me, I have had to use 3 of my 5 claims just to spread out to the limited space around me.

Also wish you could tp to claims or claim = home but that's another wish for another day.

Reactions: arska

DyDestroyer1027

Regular
trainboyns2
trainboyns2
Feb 27, 2020
This is probably why the limit is where it is. That being said, hours played = claim increases...within reason. Otherwise you'll get a group of guys with obscene hours owning half the map.

I see both sides. I have a somewhat humble claim for my main (and starter at this point) base but because of people around me, I have had to use 3 of my 5 claims just to spread out to the limited space around me.

Also wish you could tp to claims or claim = home but that's another wish for another day.
It would take ~20,000 Players with max claim blocks to claim a 20k by 20k map. If you had only 5 people, they would each have to buy ~80 million claim blocks. Complete takeover of the map will never happen anytime soon.

Reactions: andreiztm

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020
It would take ~20,000 Players with max claim blocks to claim a 20k by 20k map. If you had only 5 people, they would each have to buy ~80 million claim blocks. Complete takeover of the map will never happen anytime soon.

I get the math there and it makes sense. Guess I forgot that there's a max limit on the raw number of blocks you can claim.

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
Yeah, the "Take-Over" should not be possible because of the Limit on the number of Blocks/gamehour that is already used.

For the "neighbors disputes" that @snikay mentioned: I think it would be possible to find a solution here too.
We had a "soft rule"/guideline with the 50 passiv mob cap that the Mods worked with. I could Imagine having a soft rule like:
"A aggressive Claim has to be used for a useful build within ~3 days or it can get challenged and unclaimed by neighbors."

Anyway: i would love to not always look out for every possible way to abbuse something first ;) This is supposed to be good for the creativity and possibilities of the Community

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
Guess we have heared about all valid reason for both sides of this matter here.
I will say that both sides have valid Points.
Still, the majority is clearly in favor of an increase here...

Would @jakkuh maybe be so kind and say something about this matter?

Reactions: YajirobeKenobi

I don't think this is as much of an issue as you make it out to be though.

RE This point, the number of claim blocks will still remain the same. Still 20k blocks only. But it would allow for you to divide that 20k blocks into more than 5 claims.

Personally I am a fan of earning more claims through playtime as opposed to money. It is the fairest way to give everyone an equal chance. Everyone has different play styles and forcing it into a cash price means those who don't go chasing /baltop get left behind. If you unlocked an extra claim at 100hrs playtime and 200hrs playtime and then a hard cap at 7, that is perfectly reasonable.

D

Deleted member 445

I support this as well, at my base in south town, I had to use 4/5 claims due to the irregular shape of the property left by my neighbours..
In towns, its extremely hard to find a claim, much less a square claim. I got lucky with my claim in drop town because I came really early.

rnngltbh

Regular
Feb 23, 2020
In towns, its extremely hard to find a claim, much less a square claim. I got lucky with my claim in drop town because I came really early.
And it doesn't really help how you aren't allowed to tell people to claim in certain shapes. I remember back in the early days of east town I tried to get everyone to claim in chunks and was promptly told by an admin that that wasn't allowed...

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
I Would Like to push this Thread up again.

For once i realy would appreciate if we could get an Opinion of Jake on this matter. This was a good discussion with good reasoning that all sides participated in. It would show some Interest for Opinion of the Community to answer this.

The Second Point is the new Wave of Players:
Since then every Day some minor Public Build gets griefed. this is anoying and ugly af. More claims are a way to stop that too.