Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Hello it is time for a nether highway update
Today i want to discuss the highway walls

in the previous update i suggested we have glowstone walls however recent testing has revealed to me that you can suffocate in glowstone
this is an issue as it makes the highway a danger to passengers.

i have come up with a few designs, feel free to come up with your own and reply with them
2020-05-23_22.37.07.png

This first design is just like the previous idea however places glass at head height to avoid suffocation

2020-05-23_22.37.01.png

The next design makes it look like a full wall however cleverly uses stairs to avoid suffercation
in the picture i use red nether brick however regular nether brick would probaly look better

2020-05-23_22.37.11.png

2020-05-23_22.36.54.png

theses designs use stairs to avoid suffocation
the second one of these has no light block so maybe glowstone will have to be put in the ceiling

looking for suggestions these are just concepts

Attachments

Reactions: A4N0NYM0U52

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
I think the design with stairs look better, and will also be more resource efficient since builders wouldn't have to keep smelting glass...

Escaalun

Regular
Escaalun
Escaalun
Mar 16, 2020
Didn't even see this UltraSheepLord, do you need any materials and workforce?

iUndef

iUndef
iUndef
Obsidian
Jun 1, 2020
So based on stairs designs, I've been building this around the highway.
highway.jpg

iUndef

iUndef
iUndef
Obsidian
Jun 1, 2020
I just thought of another option that'll be a bit cheaper. What do you think about fires for lights instead of glowstone?
highway.jpg

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
Looking for projects to do now; would love to help. Can someone provide some coords. of an ice spikes biome? Ty! :)

Langley_Man

/OP MOD
Mod
Langley_Man
Langley_Man
Dec 6, 2019
There is ...however there is also a raiding rule. Taking blocks of value raiding, ICE specifically is a valuable resource.
Griefing generally has malicious intent. So dumping lava all over the highway or Blocking it with obsidian walls would be griefing. But if you came to the mods saying the ice is gon.. well that would be raiding.

The hard part about griefing is proving "malicious intent" and tbo from a mod standpoint is one of the hardest things to prove.. Sometimes its obvious such as lava casting a guys dirt house. But when valuable resources are involved it gets harder to prove. "unless you have a video of the person breaking all the blocks then tossing said blocks into lava" At this point its obv they were not after the resources and were doing it just to be a dick..

Reactions: dkressjr

Theultrasheeplord

Ultrasheeplord
Ultrasheeplord
Obsidian
Mar 15, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
There is ...however there is also a raiding rule. Taking blocks of value raiding, ICE specifically is a valuable resource.
Griefing generally has malicious intent. So dumping lava all over the highway or Blocking it with obsidian walls would be griefing. But if you came to the mods saying the ice is gon.. well that would be raiding.

The hard part about griefing is proving "malicious intent" and tbo from a mod standpoint is one of the hardest things to prove.. Sometimes its obvious such as lava casting a guys dirt house. But when valuable resources are involved it gets harder to prove. "unless you have a video of the person breaking all the blocks then tossing said blocks into lava" At this point its obv they were not after the resources and were doing it just to be a dick..
thx for clarifying