• Total voters

YoStrafe

Regular
YoStrafe
YoStrafe
Apr 20, 2020
Canada
**This guide is mainly for the creative server on the LTT Network**

Hello, I'm YoStrafe. World edit is not an easy plugin to learn, that's why am I here to try and help a few of you out. In this post, I'm going to go over every somewhat useful world edit command, and a few tips. Please keep in mind, you may not have access to some of these commands in the LTT creative server.​

-If I've missed any commands, let me know-

[Basics]

Refer to text at the end for useful tips.

Wand:
"//wand" Doing //wand will give you a wooden axe. Exciting. This axe is one of the most useful things in world edit. The use for this axe is; Left click a block on a corner of your build with the axe. This will set your first position. Right click a block with the axe on the opposite corner of your build. That will set your second position. All the wand is used for it selected your build so you can make changes from there.

Positions:
"//pos1" + "//pos2" or "//1" + "//2" These commands are another way of making a selection. Instead of using the wand, you can do //pos1 and //pos2 to make the selection. It will make it wherever you are standing. If you need your selection to be very precise, I recommend using //wand. There are also commands like //hpos1 and //hpos2 which will set the position to whatever block you are looking at. You can also do //desel to deselection your selections.

Set:
"//set (block)" Once you set your selection with the wand, you can use //set, and probably all of the basic commands. When you do //set, it will basically just set blocks wherever your select is. It is a pretty basic command, but you can complicate the command with patterns and whatnot, which I'll explain at the end.

Replace:
"//replace (block your changing) (block changing to)" Doing //replace will replace any blocks with whatever block you choose, in the selection you made. Ex; //replace stone grass . That will replace any stone with grass in my selection.

Expand:
"//expand (amount) (direction)" Doing //expand will expand your selection in any direction. You can indicate the direction by looking in the direction, or doing "up" "down", etc.

Walls:
"//walls (block)" Instead of doing //set to make a square/rectangular room, you can just do //walls. It will create a box inside if your selection.

Move:
"//move (distance) (direction)" Doing //move will move everything in your selection. You can do "up" "down", etc, for the direction, or look in the direction.

Stack:
"//stack (amount) (direction)" Doing //stack will stack everything in your selection. You can do "up" "down", etc, for the direction, or look in the direction. Be careful when you do this, as it does count air blocks and may create gaps.

Copy:
"//copy" Doing //copy will copy everything in your selection (will store it in your clipboard).

Paste:
"//paste" Doing //paste will paste whatever is in your clipboard based from the player's position when it is cut or copied last time.

Cut:
"//cut" Doing //cut will delete/replace everything with air in your selection. Doing //cut will also add everything into your clipboard, which you can later paste, etc.

Rotate:
"//rotate ( y ) (x) (z)" //rotate can be confusing at times. The command is most commonly used for turning the build around horizontally, which you can accomplish by doing //rotate 90,180,270,etc. If you want to rotate it vertically, you can do something like //rotate 0 180 0.

Flip
"//flip (direction)" //flip flips the clipboard like a mirror based on where the player is facing and positioning. You can indicate the direction by looking in the direction, or doing "up" "down", etc.

Circle
"//cyl (block) (radius) (height)" This will create a circle. The center of the circle will be wherever you are standing when you execute the command.

Hollow Circle:
"//hcyl (block) (radius) (height)" A hollow circle (ring). Works the same as //cyl.

Sphere:
"//sphere (block) (radius)" Similar to //(h)cyl; It creates a sphere. The center of the sphere will be wherever you are standing when you execute the command.

Hollow Sphere:
"//hsphere (block) (radius)" A hollow sphere. Works the same as //sphere.

Pyramid:

"//pyramid (block) (radius)" Creates a pyramid. When you execute this command, you will be at the bottom middle of the pyramid.

Hollow Pyramid:
"//hpyramid (block) (radius)" Creates a hollow pyramid. Same as //pyramid.

[Handy commands]

Fill:
"//fill (block) (radius)" Doing //fill will fill any 1 block high space. If you choose a big radius, it will stop whenever it hits another block. If it is a small radius, it will end and create a circle shape.

Drain:
"//drain (radius)" You have to execute this command while standing in water or lava. It will drain all liquids inside if the radius you set.

Butcher:
"//butcher (radius)" This will probably never have to be used on creative, but it is good to know for other servers. Doing this will delete all mobs in the radius you set.

Green:
"//green (radius)" Doing //green will change any dirt blocks to grass in the radius you set.

Up:
"//up (distance)" Doing //up will create a glass block however many blocks high you want (chosen by the distance). Helpful when you done want to stack up a ton of blocks.

Thru:
"//thru" Doing //thru will teleport you through wall/floor or any blocks. Look at the blocks you want to go through.

Jump:
"/j" Doing /j will teleport you to the top layer of blocks that you are looking at.

[Brushes]

I am not going to do every brush as there are A LOT. I will explain the most useful and cool brushes.

-Start all commands with //brush or //br-

-To create a brush, grab any tool that isn't a wooden axe, and execute the command. To use the brush, right or left click at any block and it will create the object there-

-Do "-h" at the end of the command to make the object hollow-

Sphere:
"sphere (block) (radius)" Similar to //(h)sphere, it will create a sphere at whatever block you are looking at.

Cylinder:
"cylinder (block) (radius) (height)" Similar to //(h)cyl, except in brush form. It will create a cylinder at whatever block you are looking at.

Clipboard:
"clipboard" When you copy something to your clipboard, you can turn it into a brush. There is no size for this brush, it is literally whatever is in your clipboard. It pastes from the center of the build, not where you //copy(ied) it from.

Blendball:
"blendball" Brush blendball is used for smoothing terrain, or really anything. It will smooth wherever you click with the brush.

Splatter:
"splatter (block) (radius)" Brush splatter will splatter your block on a surface. It is very useful for texturing, however if you have access to gopaint (another building plugin) I highly recommend using any of their tools to texture.

Mask:
"//mask (block)" Setting a mask will set a mask rule to the current holding brush item so it can only affect a particular block type(s) or expression.

Gmask:
"//gmask (block)" Same as //mask, except it targets every brush, and every command. If you notice other commands aren't working, it is most likely because you have a gmask set. Do //gmask to disable your gmask