LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Discord & other verification options for it.

YajirobeKenobi

Regular
Mar 6, 2020
I want to join the discord but no way am I giving discord my phone number. Can there be other means of being verified for the discord? It would be appreciated. I might be the only one with this problem but possibly not.

Last edited:

Jawa_Juice

Moderator-y Boi
Mod
Jawa_Juice
Jawa_Juice
Pilot
Dec 4, 2019
Eastern US
You're verifying your phone number through Discord itself, not something we created, so I don't see the problem.

Reactions: TTG3333

YajirobeKenobi

Regular
Mar 6, 2020
You're verifying your phone number through Discord itself, not something we created, so I don't see the problem.
Other discords (server/channels?) do not ask to verify via phone number. It must be a toggleable setting. I'd just rather not give (more of) my info to discord.

Jawa_Juice

Moderator-y Boi
Mod
Jawa_Juice
Jawa_Juice
Pilot
Dec 4, 2019
Eastern US
As this is a necessary measure for server security, we will not be making any changes to the setting. My apologies if this causes any inconvenience.

Reactions: TTG3333

YajirobeKenobi

Regular
Mar 6, 2020
As this is a necessary measure for server security, we will not be making any changes to the setting. My apologies if this causes any inconvenience.
Which is why Im curious if there are alternative means of verification that can be used/implemented, Im not asking for phone verification to be removed. Just for an alternative, such as linking your forum account or something, if that's an option at all