LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Concise shopping district - New warp location and opportunity suggestion

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
....towny has a bunch of more complicated features we might not want, like town taxes, or the burden of managing a town at all. We just want the survival experience with a good shopping area that isn't a completely broken, abused mess. (there are some good shops, but a lack of even basic roads after the initial entrance doesn't fare well for those beyond.)

Thats exactly my Problem. Thank you for stating it so clearly:)

Psyadsa

Regular
Feb 27, 2020
Sooo....
Maybe i build this:

JustPaddyB

JustPaddyB
JustPaddyB
Obsidian
Feb 29, 2020
Maybe a relaxation on the advertising rules.
So like we can every now and then say we have a shop tp if you want a look around.
Obviously you cant do it excessively but this might go a long way to resolve the issue.

So like i have just built a shopping centre with a few people, i have also created space for others to join.
But how do i easily tell people where it is and how to get there?

Yes there is here and discord but its a pain.

By the way its located: 195, 64, -716

Escaalun

Escaalun
Escaalun
Iron
Mar 16, 2020
I thought I might chime back in on this thread gient he current position of the survival realm having the following;
  • 100 player cap
  • Ranks get priority entry
  • Spawned entities from spawners have no working AI
I would suggest something like this on the next expansion;
  • Set-up multiple 'Realms' (cross servers)
  • MultiChat to connect multiple 'Realms'
  • Set a Shop district in one realm and limit the land claim but is linked to all realms as a central hub
  • Connect the realms with EnderSync so that player data can move back and forth (including MCMMO data)
  • Allow players to move from each realm, but once you claim land in one realm it prevents from gaining anything more on another realm other than 1 chunks worth and that this reduces on a 3rd realm to 8x8 blocks and reduces again on the 4th to 0 (prevents people being greedy on multiple realms but allows people to move around)
  • Realm sizes declared on the number of primary claims
  • Additional realm claims come with a cap on placeable lag items (I believe this is defined as item frames

If I am going wish list
  • Factions
  • Faction chat
  • Faction storage

Reactions: DyDestroyer1027

VosRel

Regular
Apr 19, 2020
A simple solution to the shop problem in this thread is to allow players to purchase ingame a public warp which would mean they could build their shop anywhere on the map, advertise the warp and what they sell on a page in discord and let players come shop as they need without needing to hunt for a building.

TTG3333

TTG3333
TTG3333
Obsidian
Apr 18, 2020
Canada
Some people do not want to start all over again with a different group of people and a much smaller group. Plus, towny has a bunch of more complicated features we might not want, like town taxes, or the burden of managing a town at all. We just want the survival experience with a good shopping area that isn't a completely broken, abused mess. (there are some good shops, but a lack of even basic roads after the initial entrance doesn't fare well for those beyond.)

Also,if "Economy and town based gameplay should stay on the towny server as that's what they are designed for" this is true, why does the survival server have subdivided claims, an economy and an auction house

It has an economy and auction house to allow newer players to get up to speed with ease, and to allow the older players to help the new ones.

Some people do not want to start all over again with a different group of people and a much smaller group. Plus, towny has a bunch of more complicated features we might not want, like town taxes, or the burden of managing a town at all. We just want the survival experience with a good shopping area that isn't a completely broken, abused mess. (there are some good shops, but a lack of even basic roads after the initial entrance doesn't fare well for those beyond.)

Also,if "Economy and town based gameplay should stay on the towny server as that's what they are designed for" this is true, why does the survival server have subdivided claims, an economy and an auction house

Fully agree here.

The economy on the Survival server is a confusing mess.

Escaalun

Escaalun
Escaalun
Iron
Mar 16, 2020
I thought I might chime back in on this thread gient he current position of the survival realm having the following;
  • 100 player cap
  • Ranks get priority entry
  • Spawned entities from spawners have no working AI
I would suggest something like this on the next expansion;
  • Set-up multiple 'Realms' (cross servers)
  • MultiChat to connect multiple 'Realms'
  • Set a Shop district in one realm and limit the land claim but is linked to all realms as a central hub
  • Connect the realms with EnderSync so that player data can move back and forth (including MCMMO data)
  • Allow players to move from each realm, but once you claim land in one realm it prevents from gaining anything more on another realm other than 1 chunks worth and that this reduces on a 3rd realm to 8x8 blocks and reduces again on the 4th to 0 (prevents people being greedy on multiple realms but allows people to move around)
  • Realm sizes declared on the number of primary claims
  • Additional realm claims come with a cap on placeable lag items (I believe this is defined as item frames

If I am going wish list
  • Factions
  • Faction chat
  • Faction storage
Sorry should have specificed that my suggestion is not only for the shop problems (that Arthur's current way of resolving is a mega mall, which is the same as mentioned but not in a zoned area), but to also address the player cap.

DyDestroyer1027

Regular
trainboyns2
trainboyns2
Feb 27, 2020
We had this on the first survival and in the end there were many complaints that players that joined later in the game didn't have a fair advantage due to the ones who had been on longer got all the "good plots" closer to the spawn area.
This issue is even more prevalent on Beta.