LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Chunk Loading

kloydeb

kloydeb
kloydeb
Gold
Jul 18, 2020
I would like have some guidance in regards to chunk loading. I have not seen anything official, so I am here asking for permission, not forgiveness. Are there any rules about chunk loading? My first assumption would be that they are not allowed, since we are kicked after 10 minutes of inactivity, essentially making player-based chunk loading impossible. However, if we are allowed to chunk load, I could spend a lot less time loading my iron farm and more time building my potion shop. If anyone else has some opinions about chunk loaders, please comment below. It may not influence the mods if their minds are made up, but I'd still like to see where everyone stands.

CursedAtom

Regular
Jun 9, 2020
Somewhere in America
You are not allowed to use an artificial chunk loader as it uses server resources. That is not outlined in the rules, but I was told not to do so by a mod a few weeks ago. You can still stay around in your afk area if you do things like help people in the chat.

kloydeb

kloydeb
kloydeb
Gold
Jul 18, 2020
Because I have heard the "the mods told me it's okay" statement before, I would prefer a more official stance. If it is something that needs to be in the rules, please add it to the rules. If not, then a statement by the mods on the forums can clear the confusion.