LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

Bamboo

legacy

Regular
Jul 16, 2020
In the 0 0 shop, i own (ed) a plot of land. it had a nice pathway, and one morning i wake up to find that someone has put a big bamboo block in my path. this makes the paths essentially unwalkable and it also grows infinitly, making the whole city look very, very bad. but wait, theres more! this guy has put bamboo blocks all around the city, and in the way of future shops and homes. so when the person that did it ( xxswiety1277xx ) logged on i told them, rather mean things. so i move on with my day, gathering flowers and trees for my shop i was going to build, and when i get back i find the block has been extended- closer to my base. i do some stuff around my base and sweity, along with 2 others, (sparklefarts_ and pointlessdreams) were putting bamboo all around my base. this will make my shop impossible to find, and not just mine, but one other players shop. (tucktin?). i tried ignoring them but they came into my base, pushed me around and started making bamboo towers to the build limit. i am incredibly pissed at them, enough to make me want to stop playing the server as the town is ruined now. i dont know if you can (or more so, will) do anything about it, but i would just like to post this. have a good day.

jimbob200521

jimbob200521
jimbob200521
Diamond
Mar 9, 2020
Probably want to make a ticket about this instead of a general post, does sound like an issue that needs addressing.

__paper

Regular
__paper
__paper
Mar 1, 2020
North Carolina, U.S.
if the bamboo isn't claimed, just get rid of it. there's nothing anyone can do to stop you if it isn't claimed.

if it is claimed, talk to them about it. try to sort this out peacefully. if they don't stop, submit a ticket for claim abuse.

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
The general rule of thumb is that if it is happening on unclaimed land, it's really anything goes (unless it is abundantly apparent that what they are doing is with malicious intent).
As mentioned already in this thread, I think your best course of action right now it to submit a support ticket here. That will directly contact you with a moderator to help sort the situation out. Best of luck!

legacy

Regular
Jul 16, 2020
First of all, bamboo does not grow infinitely. It grows to between 12-16 blocks tall.
Secondly, maybe you shouldn't say mean things to people. You really lose the high ground, aside from pissing people off and making enemies unnecessarily. Worry more about what you are going to build than what others like to build. If the bamboo is on unclaimed land, remove it if you don't like it. If it's on his claim, butt out. Maybe he likes the look of bamboo. Maybe his idea of utopia is a shop city in the middle of a bamboo forest.
i get angry rather quickly miking me say mean things even though i know i shouldnt, and i thught they grew infinitly but i realised they dont after lol