LinusTechTips Minecraft Network
Minecraft IP: mc.ltt.gg

[]

dkressjr

dkressjr
dkressjr
Void
Mar 6, 2020
While watching the video, I realized we see none of the first 5, and only the last 1. Just technical solutions. No community-building effort.
I believe this is an accurate statement. However, I think it is one that Jake and the rest of the staff are aware of. Since the server is still in beta, I think Jake and the rest of the staff's goal is to iron out all the bugs and ensure a smooth and enjoyable playing experience for a small player base they have already. Once that is done, then they will start pushing to get an influx of new players in. I think they aren't prioritizing growing the player base right now because they don't want new players to prematurely hate the server due to reasons that all boil down to the server still being in beta. Just my guess...

Reactions: Parzival8910

I realized we see none of the first 5, and only the last 1. Just technical solutions. No community-building effort.
- Be active on your server
- Be seen as a resource
- Communicate with your community
- Maintain a flow of new players
- Create opportunities to interact
- Utilize back-end solutions
These are all good points and hopefully one day they can be implemented.

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
As I watched the video I felt like this was a list of the things LTT was doing wrong, or that LTT intentionally doing these things to be an example how to NOT run a server :(
I think the first thing that didn't match this was the community. I felt and think that most players on towny were/are welcoming to new players. But maybe this isn't really a merit of the people running the server, but more the LTT like minded nerd community...

... oh there are shulker drop rate data packs on other servers... it all makes sense now why I see higher drop rates in other videos.
so even technical solutions are lacking... but at least they are trying.

Parzival8910

Regular
Jul 2, 2020
... oh there are shulker drop rate data packs on other servers... it all makes sense now why I see higher drop rates in other videos.
so even technical solutions are lacking... but at least they are trying.
lol why is the shulker thing an "issue" that's just how the game is lmao

Szik

Regular
Mar 27, 2020
why is the shulker thing an "issue"
I didn't say it's an issue, I just didn't know it was a thing, and other servers had it. I was just commenting on the video. There is probably a reason why other servers have it though, maybe someone smarter than me or more experienced can explain it.
I don't have an issue not sleeping either, but that is a thing a lot of players asked for.